Different Types of Cookies
- These will expire and delete themselves automatically after a short period of time such as when you leave our website or when you close your web browser. These will allow you to navigate through different web pages without having to re-enter information.
– These will be stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them. However, they will delete themselves at their expiry date. These will help to remember your preferences and your log in details so that you do not have to re-enter them every time you revisit our website.
- These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. It may not be possible for you to use customisable parts of web pages or carry out certain web-based activities without using these cookies, for example making a donation.
- These will help us understand how our members, service users and/or visitors arrive at, browse or use our website.
- These cookies collect information about your browsing habits. These can then be used to show you advertisements that may be relevant to your interests.
Third Party Cookies
- Some of the cookies that will be used that have already been described may be stored on your device by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over such cookies. They are used to allow third parties to provide a service to us; for example Google Analytics will help us to understand how many visitors we have had and their user journey on our respective websites; by a payment processing provider if used by NGF to collect donations. Other examples include LinkedIn and Youtube.
How you can control Cookies
The reasons why we use or may use any or all of the types of cookies mentioned above, include (but are not limited to):
- To aid navigation and use of our website, including the use of any special features on our website
- To record the number of unique visitors to our website and to particular pages on our website
- To measure and analyse when and how our donors and/or visitors use our website, and to improve both its functionality and your experience with NGF
- To measure and analyse the country, region, city and/or borough associated with your IP address or device
- To remember your preferences (such as your choice of language or location) so that the user experience is personal to you and helps to save you time
- To deliver information or adverts which may be relevant to you now or in the future
- To review any error messages that you may receive whilst using our website
You can also find out more information about cookies from the following websites (though we do not take responsibility for the accuracy of any information contained within these):
Last updated: 2 May 2021